Wednesday, October 17, 2018

What Does Depression Look Like?

After talking to my husband and loved ones who struggle with depression, I often wondered how it felt for them.  So I began to ask them to describe it to me and all of a sudden these images popped into my mind of what depression looks like.  And they keep coming to my mind.

I love realistic art, so this is a completely new concept to draw something fast and in ink so these drawings are purely for the emotion and not to be judged on skill. 


Depression is an overwhelming and scary obscure monster.  It isn't a part of them, it is always next to them dictating how they live their life.  Overwhelming, exhausting, frustrating, and discouraging.  It is not in their head, it isn't a choice, they don't want attention, and they just want it to end.  Be patient and show them unconditional love especially when they push you away.  And I know it can be exhausting, but they need you to love them for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment